- Department of Law
- Public Records
How to Request a Public Record Under FOIA
The City of Rockford complies with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in an effort to provide information regarding the affairs of the government and the official acts and policies of its public officials. Assistant City Attorney Joshua Versluys is the current Freedom of Information Officer for the City of Rockford. However, he does not process individual requests.
All requests to inspect, copy or certify public records must be submitted in writing on the form required by FOIA rules. View the FOIA Request Form (PDF). It will open in a new window. Please read all the instructions carefully so that your FOIA request will be received and processed in a timely manner. Please remember that if we do not receive your request, we can't process it.
View the FOIA page and instructions and the page should take you through the rest of the process. If it does not, navigate back to this page and contact one of the City Staff listed below for more information. The City will respond to each properly submitted request as required by state statute.
If you are unsuccessful in filing online, please contact one of the following Freedom of Information Liaison Officers:
- Community Development Department, Building and Zoning Divisions - email Christina Hargrove or reach them by phone at 779-348-7409.
- Finance Department - email Mary B. Johnson, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7470.
- Fire Department - Fire and Ambulance Reports - email Lisa Sotakoun or email Robyn Gustafson, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7171.
- Human Services Department - email Patricia Ortiz, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7516.
- Legal Department - email Joshua Versluys, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7396.
- Mayor's Office - email Joshua Versluys, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7396.
- Human Resources Department - email Carol Jaworowski, or reach them by phone at 779-348-7404.
- Police Department - email Roger Ratze, or reach them by phone at 779-500-6621.
- Public Works Department - email Sandy Ramirez or reach them by phone at 779-348-7606.